Terms & Conditions
- All references to ‘Us’, ’Our’ ‘the Company’ or such like refer to Cadenza Music. Details of the Company can be found under ‘Business Details’.
- By entering into a contract with the company you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- All contracts concluded with the company will be governed by English law unless otherwise specified and agreed in writing by both contracting parties and will be deemed to have occurred in the United Kingdom.
- Use of this Website is explained under ‘Using the Website’. Any deviation from this or malicious use of this site will result in the user being blocked and reported.
Returns Policy – under UK law (the Distance Selling Regulations 2002), you have the right to cancel the contract for any goods* supplied by us
provided that cancellation is communicated within seven days of receipt of the item. Please refer to the ‘Returns’ section for full details on
how to return items.
*The seven day cancelation period does not apply to the supply of audio or video recordings or computer software or goods containing such items if they are unsealed by or on behalf of the customer.
- Items that are returned by virtue of the statutory seven day cooling off period will be done so at the customers’ expense and must be packaged at least as securely as they were sent. Please refer to the ‘Returns’ section for full details on how to return items.
- Items that are returned by virtue of the statutory seven day cooling off period will be refunded in the same method of payment and at least within 30 days of receipt of the item returned. Please refer to the ‘Returns’ section for full details on how to return items.
- Cadenza Music endeavours to supply the highest quality of products available to them, however in the rare instance you may receive a faulty item your rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 will be adhered to. Please refer to the ‘Returns’ section for full details on how to return items.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect your statutory rights under Law of England.
- Cadenza Music endeavours to supply accurate information about its products on the Website and other means of communications, however, in the rare instance you may receive an item that does not correspond with its description your rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 will be adhered to. Please refer to the ‘Returns’ section for full details on how to return items.
- Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure that the information supplied on Our Website is accurate, it is not guaranteed to be accurate, complete or current.
- We will endeavour to dispatch all orders within two days of the order being placed and funds being released. If the item is not in stock, you will be advised by email and an estimated date of dispatch will be given if available. For further guidance on delivery options please see ‘Deliveries’.
- No guarantee can be given by Cadenza Music for delivery on or by a specified date. Any reference to a delivery date is for guidance only and not an express term of the contract unless specifically confirmed by Us in writing. For further guidance on delivery options please see ‘Deliveries’.
- Title of all goods supplied by Cadenza will be retained until those goods have been paid for in full. If payment is declined by your card issuer you will be contacted. In the event of a customers’ insolvency We reserve the right to reclaim goods for which full payment has not been received.
- All information referred to in these Terms and Conditions will be read as if they were incorporated into these terms and conditions.
Seven Day cooling off period
If you are returning items under the seven day cooling off period it would assist us if you email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘contract cancellation’ as the title. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your email and that we will be expecting the return of your item. In any case, notification in a durable medium (either by Email, the ‘contact us’ facility, or by post) of cancellation must be made within seven days of receipt of the item in order for you to take advantage of the cooling off period. Please note that unfortunately a notification to cancel left on Our answer phone facility will not be regarded as a durable medium.
You shall be under a duty throughout the period prior to cancellation to retain possession of the goods and to take reasonable care of them and have a duty to restore the goods to Us. Cadenza Music recommends that you use a recorded delivery method for return.
Please package the items securely as returned goods that have not and are damaged as a result will not qualify for a refund.
In accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations 2002, you will be responsible for the cost and the return of the goods.
A refund will be issued as soon as possible and in any case within 30 days of notification of cancellation.
If you have been unfortunate enough to receive goods that are damaged, that are incorrect or are not of satisfactory quality, please first accept our apology, and contact by email at email@example.com with ‘Authorised Return’ in the title in order that we can rectify the situation as quickly as possible.
Please include in the email the invoice/order number and date ordered and what seems to be the problem with the item.
We will then contact you to organise the return of the item and once a fault has been verified, a replacement or refund will be issued depending on your requirements. If we request that you send the item back to us, we will on confirmation of the fault, refund any reasonable costs you have incurred.
The web site design, underlying source code and software (including applets) are the copyright of Cadenza Music. All text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software compilations and all other material on this website are the copyright of Cadenza Music, or their content and technology providers. All rights reserved. Permission is granted to copy and print portions of this website for the sole purpose of placing an order with Cadenza Music. Any other use of materials on this website without the prior written permission of Cadenza Music is strictly prohibited.
Please remember that it is illegal to photocopy music. To photocopy is to steal from the composer/author and the publisher.
We endeavour to dispatch all orders which are in stock within 2 days of the order being placed. If you need delivery by a certain time please select the appropriate shipping method and state this clearly on your order and we will do our best to oblige.
For Royal Mail Special Delivery, Parcelforce and other courier shipments, a signature may be required upon delivery to your address. You are responsible for your order once the package arrives at the supplied delivery address. We cannot be held responsible if the package(s) goes missing once delivered. If any goods are received faulty or damaged on receipt, you must notify us within 7 days of receiving them (via email or telephone) quoting your order reference. We cannot be held responsible for goods that do not arrive with the customer due to errors made by the customer when entering their address details. Please ensure that you check all your details before confirming your order.
A "Download" is an audio file or pdf file which can be downloaded to your computer through this website. If you purchase a Download it will be available to be downloaded to your computer immediately. You do not have to download your purchase immediately; it will remain available in your account for 72 hours until you are ready to download it.
Use of Downloads
If you purchase Downloads you will be entitled to download, print, burn or copy Downloads purely for your personal, non-commercial use in accordance with these terms and conditions. You agree to use the Downloads only in accordance with these terms and conditions and that any other use of the Download whether or not for your personal financial gain may result in civil or criminal liability. Although we may use the terms "sell", "purchase", "order," or "buy" on the website or in these Terms and Conditions, no right, title or interest in any Licensed Material (by which we mean data or items included on any compact disc, super audio compact disc, or Download) or in this website is transferred or granted to you as a result of your purchasing, downloading, copying or otherwise.
All rights in the Licensed Material and in this website are owned by David Shepherd trading as Cadenza Music or its licensors. We grant you a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable, non-sub-licensable right to use the products and the website only for your personal use in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. For the avoidance of any doubt you do not have the right to make copies of any Licensed Material for your family, friends or colleagues. Except as set out above, you are strictly prohibited from copying, reproducing, lending, hiring, performing (audio files) in public, broadcasting (audio files) or distributing in any other manner any of the Licensed Material or any part of this website. If do you, this will constitute a copyright infringement by you. You may not, nor allow any other person to, alter, reverse disassemble, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify the whole or any part of the Service or Licensed Material nor disable any copy protection or use limitation systems associated with the Service or Licensed Materials. You may not play and then re-digitise any Licensed Materials, or upload the Licensed Materials to the Internet. You may not use the Licensed Materials in conjunction with any other third party content (eg to provide sound for a film) or to create derivative works. You may not sell or offer to sell the Licensed Materials, including but not limited to, posting any of the Licensed Material on Hardware containing the Licensed Material for auction on any Internet auction site. For any intended use of the Licensed Material except as delineated in these Terms and Conditions you are required first to obtain permission from Cadenza Music by contacting us via email.
Using the Website
You may browse the site without any registration or signing in. Product items may be added to your Shopping Basket to create a list of potential purchases Click the 'Shopping Basket' link to view the contents of your shopping basket and make amendments to its contents as required. To purchase the items in your shopping basket click the 'Checkout' link. You must either sign in as an existing user or complete the delivery and payment form to complete your order. Registration is not necessary for making a purchase from this site.
The Shopping Basket
The shopping basket shows all items selected by you for potential purchase. To increase/decrease the quantity ordered for any item, amend the quantity shown and click the 'Update Quantity' button. To remove items completely from the shopping basket make the quantity value 0 (zero) and click 'Update Quantity'. Please note the Stock Availability indicator is for guidance only. If after ordering an item is out of stock, we will contact you and advise you when it will next be available and a refund will be given if you chose not to proceed.
If you have not already signed in an option to enter the email address and password previously registered with Cadenza Music or a form to enter your delivery and billing details will be shown. You can opt to have your details retained by Cadenza Music for use with further purchases. Clicking the 'Purchase' button to complete the Order.
An acknowledgement of your order will be sent to you via email.
Registration is not necessary for purchasing products from this web site. To purchase items we need you to supply details of a delivery address and payment method.
Complete all required fields on the registration form and click the 'Continue' button when done. A warning will show if any entered data fails to meet the requirement. Please check all details entered for correctness. Please be particularly careful when entering email addresses and billing card dates.
After you have registered for the first time, and on subsequent visits to the site after registration, please use your email address and password in the 'Sign In' form fields. Click the 'Log In' button to be recognized by the web site. You can then view and amend the previous registered information as well as make purchases. If you have never previously registered or are registered and have not signed in, then the Sign In prompt will show when moving to the 'Checkout'.
Click the 'Sign Out' link to remove all session data. If you leave the web site or close your browser while signed on the session will be cancelled and you will need to Sign In again when returning to the site.